Shop Some of Amazon’s Best Early Holiday Deals—Exclusively for Prime Members—During Prime Big Deal Days Oct 10 and 11
Shoppers can get ahead of the holiday season with deep discounts on Barbie, Bose, Crocs, and PlayStation
New research commissioned by Amazon Australia reveals that 39% of Australians are planning to kick off their holiday shopping earlier to make their dollar go further, with 76% worried about potential costs over the holiday season
SYDNEY— September 18, 2023— 'Tis the season to save big. Prime members can start their holiday shopping early with Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days, beginning on October 10 at 00:01 AEDT and running until October 12. The event will offer Prime members access to deals from brands such as Barbie, Bluey, Disney, Fisher-Price, L.O.L. Surprise!, Moet & Chandon, Penfolds, Veuve Clicquot, GHD, L'Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Olaplex, Adidas, Bonds, Crocs, Fossil, American Tourister, Samsonite, Ausclimate, Bosch, Breville, DeLonghi, ECOVACS, Eufy, Miele, Philips, Sunbeam, Baby Jogger, Tommee Tippee, Philips AVENT, Dove, Finish, Omo, Scrub Daddy, Nintendo, PlayStation, BOSE, Instax, and Logitech. Deals will be dropping throughout the event across a wide selection of products with fast and convenient delivery options.
Deals from Germany, UK and U.S. will be available on Amazon.com.au through Amazon Global Store until 5:00PM AEDT on 12 October, giving Australian Prime members access to a massive 65 hours of deals. Customers who are not yet Prime members can join Prime or start a free trial at amazon.com.au/primebigdealdays and kick off their holiday shopping on Amazon.com.au.
Prime Big Deal Days is well timed to help Aussies get a head start on holiday shopping with new research commissioned by Amazon revealing that 76% of surveyed Australians are worried about potential costs over the holiday season and over half (56%) are worried about the potential cost of gifts. A massive 83% of respondents are looking to make their money go further this holiday season, with around half (47%) of Australians surveyed researching online to find the best price, and around two fifths either waiting for a sale (40%), or starting their holiday shopping earlier than previous years to spread the cost (39%). When it comes to seasonal shopping, 71% of respondents say they intend on starting their holiday shopping before December and just one in five (21%) waiting until December. However, the super keen are still in the minority, with just 1% of Australians surveyed professing to have already finished their holiday shopping.
“We’re giving our Prime members another way to save ahead of the holiday season with deals on a huge range of products,” said Marcos Regalo, Head of Prime for Amazon Australia. “The holidays can be an expensive time of year so we are helping Prime members stock up on everything they might need to get ahead with Prime Big Deal Days providing big discounts. What’s more they can rest assured that whatever they buy will arrive free and fast.”
Get Ready for the Big Day
Learn how to best prepare for Prime Big Deal Days to maximise your savings with the following tips:
- Become an Amazon Prime member: Prime Big Deal Days is available to Prime members exclusively. Prime membership offers great value from day one with access to shopping events, free shipping on eligible items and a suite of entertainment benefits. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$9.99 per month, or $79 for an annual membership. Learn more at amazon.com.au/prime.
- Download the app: Customers can browse, search and shop millions of items from their fingertips, track their orders real-time, and even get alerts when their saved items go on sale by using the Amazon app.
- Amazon Wishlist: Customers can create an Amazon Wishlist to help them map out what they need. They can also turn on deal notifications to be notified if a product from their Wishlist goes on deal
- Get organised with Alexa: Alexa can help you create and add to a shopping list especially for Prime Big Deals Day. Get started by saying: “Alexa, start a Prime Big Deals Day list.”
- Use Alexa to track deals: To hear some of the specials available during Prime Big Deals Day, just say, “Alexa, what are my deals?” Know what you want? Ask Alexa to add it to your cart! Alexa can also track your deliveries to ensure you don’t miss those precious goods. Just say: “Alexa, where’s my stuff?”
Explore the Benefits of Prime
Prime is savings, convenience, and entertainment in one single membership. More than 200 million paid Prime members in 25 countries around the world enjoy access to Amazon’s enormous selection, exceptional value, and fast delivery. Prime membership includes free delivery on millions of eligible local and international items for Prime members in eligible postcodes; Prime Video, which gives you access to exclusive and award-winning Prime Original series and other popular movies and TV shows; Amazon Music Prime, which gives you access to 100 million songs ad-free in shuffle mode, thousands of stations and top playlists; Prime Reading, which gives you access to a selection of over 1,000 e-books; video game benefits with Prime Gaming; exclusive Prime member deals; access to Prime Day and more.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
The research was commissioned by Amazon and conducted by Lonergan Research in accordance with the ISO 20252 standard. Lonergan Research surveyed 1,021 Australians 18+. Surveys were distributed throughout Australia including both capital city and non-capital city areas. The survey was conducted online amongst members of a permission-based panel, between 8 September 2023 and 12 September 2023. After interviewing, data was weighted to the latest population estimates sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.