Prime Day 2019 is Amazon Australia’s Biggest Shopping Event to Date
Australian Prime members have until 5pm AEST today, to scoop up the final Prime Day deals from Global Store
SYDNEY – 17 July, 2019 – Prime members in Australia have been making the most of the tens of thousands of products at discounted prices with Amazon Australia announcing record sales this Prime Day. Sales during Prime Day have surpassed all previous Amazon Australia shopping events, when comparing two-day periods, making this the largest shopping event in their history.
Prime members in Australia were the first in the world to access Prime Day deals, with thousands more deals still available direct from the U.S. on Amazon.com.au through Global Store until 5pm AEST on 17 July. This means that Australian Prime members have access to the longest Prime Day in the world at a massive 65 hours.
Prime members in Australia saved millions of Australian dollars off Amazon’s already low prices. Some of the top selling deals in Australia included Echo Dot, Kindle Paperwhite and Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, the one-month supply of Huggies nappies, Finish Powerball dishwashing tablets, multipacks of Coca-Cola, Philips Hue Smart Lights and Nintendo Switch video games.
Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager for Amazon Australia said, "Prime Day is the best of shopping, savings and entertainment and a way to say ‘thank you' to Prime members. We were delighted to see Prime members in Australia getting the most out of our epic deals, making Prime Day the biggest shopping event in Amazon.com.au’s history. With tens of thousands of products available at discounted prices, it was great to see Aussies snapping up deals on everything from Amazon devices to everyday essentials, and smart home devices to video games."
Australia Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime Day 2019 was the biggest shopping event on Amazon.com.au when comparing two-day periods, with more items ordered than ever before in Amazon Australia’s history.
- A record number of Prime members shopped during Prime Day in Australia.
- The top-selling Amazon devices in Australia were Echo Dot, Kindle Paperwhite and Fire TV Stick Basic Edition.
- The PlayStation classic was amongst the top-selling items on Global Store.
- Prime members in Australia stocked up on household essentials and heavy goods with Finish Powerball Dishwasher tablets, Dettol Antibacterial Disinfectant wipes, the one month supply of Huggies nappies and a multipack of Coca-Cola amongst the top-selling deals.
- Aussies also made the most of the bigger ticket items, with the Soniq 4K Ultra HD TV, the Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones, and smart home essentials such as Philips Hue Smart Bulbs appearing in the top-selling deals.
- Prime members in Australia proved their love of gaming with three Nintendo Switch games appearing in the top-selling list: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey.
- Aussies proved their financial know-how with The Barefoot Investor 2019 Update being the top-selling book during Prime Day with a saving of more than 30%.
Spotlighting Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Prime Day 2019 was another success for independent third-party sellers – including many small and medium-sized businesses. Products from these unique businesses increase variety, selection and contribute to the ever-expanding inventory available to Prime members in Australia.
Adonis Sakatis from Sydney based business, Zenify that sell pet and sustainable personal care products, said, “Prime Day brought with it a huge amount of success for us. We sold out of one of our slow feeder dog bowls leading to it being our best-selling Prime deal and had a 20 times increase in our total sales revenue compared to our daily average for 2019. There was a great halo effect too, with a 500% increase in non-deal product sales. Our Zenify Pets deals, including our slow feeder and portable dog bowls, were our best-selling pet supplies and we extended our limited deal quantities to keep up with the demand of Amazon.com.au shoppers.