Amazon Australia’s Epic Shopping Event Prime Day is Back - With Deals Dropping from 12 July for Prime Members to Shop and Save Big
The event will offer must-have deals across every category from top brands, including Apple, Barbie, Bosch, Bose, Garmin, GHD, Instant Pot, Lego, Lenovo, North Face, Nintendo, Oculus and Samsung offering Australian Prime members more deals than ever before
Amazon Australia puts small and medium local businesses front and centre through their ‘Shop Local Businesses’ store
16 June, 2022 – Amazon Australia has today announced the date for its annual Prime Day shopping event, giving Prime members access to huge savings during the world’s longest Prime Day. The massive shopping event will kick off at 12AM AEST 12 July, with local deals running for 48 hours until 11:59PM AEST on 13 July. Deals from the UK and US will be available on Amazon.com.au through Amazon Global Store until 5pm AEST on 14 July, giving Australian Prime members access to a massive 65 hours of deals.
Anyone who has not tried Prime can start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com.au/prime to participate in Prime Day and to unlock the many year-round benefits for Prime members. From day one of membership, customers will have access to free delivery on millions of local and international Prime eligible items; access to Amazon Original series on Prime Video such as Luxe Listings Sydney, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys and other popular movies and TV shows; and more.
This year, Prime Day will offer Australian Prime members epic savings with more deals than ever before across more than one hundred thousand products from both big brands and small local businesses, including Apple, Barbie, Bosch, Bose, Garmin, GHD, Instant Pot, Lego, Lenovo, North Face, Nintendo, Oculus and Samsung. Small and medium local businesses will also feature items in the shopping event including Orbitkey (based in Melbourne), Nakie (based in Brisbane) and the Doggie Balm Co (based in regional Victoria). Deals will launch across all categories including electronics, homewares, video games, Amazon devices, pantry food and drink, toys, sports equipment, fashion, beauty and more.
“We know that Australians are looking for value right now and we are thrilled to offer Prime members bigger and better Prime Day deals this year,” said Janet Menzies, Country Manager for Amazon Australia. “Prime members will have exclusive access to incredible savings from big brands and small and medium local businesses, meaning there will be savings to be made no matter what you are looking for. Prime Day 2021 marked the biggest two days for small local businesses on Amazon.com.au at the time and we are excited to be putting them front and centre again through our Shop Local Businesses Store this year.”
The ‘Shop Local Businesses’ store features curated collections to connect customers with Australian businesses including Little Archer & Co. from Sunshine Coast, Queensland, that creates quality baby and toddler products.
“Prime Day was massive for us last year and we are excited to once again offer Prime members some of our best deals of the year with the free and fast delivery that comes with Prime,” said Denise Billsborough from Little Archer & Co. “We know that Aussies want to shop local and Prime Day is the perfect opportunity to do so.”
Investing in local operations; creating jobs for Australians
Amazon Australia has more than doubled its operational footprint in 2022 with the launch of its first robotics fulfilment centre earlier this year. The new site will support many of the small and medium size Australian businesses who use Fulfilment by Amazon to seamlessly service customers around Australia. With this expansion, the company now has storage space across six fulfilment centres, doubling its capacity for small to medium sized items, such as consumer electronics, books, toys, cosmetics and pantry items.
Since last Prime Day Amazon Australia has significantly invested in and expanded its operations network to enable a seamless, faster, and reliable shopping experience for customers across the country. In addition to investing in its fulfilment network, the company has created more than 1,100 permanent jobs at its operations sites across the country in the last year, offering the opportunity to work in safe and supportive environment with exciting career opportunities, competitive pay, and benefits such as paid parental leave and highly subsidised health insurance. To provide additional support for its team over mid-year sales and Prime Day, Amazon announced plans to onboard around 1,000 seasonal workers across its network around the country.
Shop Early, Save Big
Can’t wait to shop until Prime Day? Early deals will kick off soon:
- Prime Video – Prime members and Amazon customers in Australia can rent select popular movies for $2.99 or less on the Prime Video Store from 12.01AM AEST on 30 June until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Prime members who are not currently subscribed can add select channels for $0.99 per month for two months from 12.01AM AEST on 05 July until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Restrictions apply.
- Kindle Unlimited - Eligible Prime members can enjoy a three-month free trial of Kindle Unlimited, accessing millions of titles on any device from 00.01AM AEST on 21 June until 11.59PM AEST on 13 July. Kindle Unlimited deal terms and conditions apply, $13.99/month after 3 months. Cancel anytime.
- Audible - From 08:01 AEST 21 June to 11:59PM AEST 28 July, new members of Audible in Australia or New Zealand who sign up for an Audible membership can try Audible for $0.99c for three months, and discover thousands of audiobooks, Audible Originals, and exclusive podcasts. New members only. $16.45/month after three months. Cancel anytime.*
- Amazon Devices - 20% off RRP on Echo Show 15, live from 12:01AM AEST 05 July until 23:59 AEST 13 July.
Get Ready for Prime Day – It’s easier than ever to prepare for Prime Day with features designed to help members make the most of their shopping ahead of time.
- Become an Amazon Prime member: Prime offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$6.99 per month, or save 30 per cent with an annual membership at AU$59. Learn more at amazon.com.au/prime.
- Download the app: Customers can browse, search and shop millions of items from their fingertips, track their orders real-time, and even get alerts when their saved items go on sale by using the Amazon app.
- Amazon Wishlist: Customers can create an Amazon Wishlist to help them map out what they need. They can also turn on deal notifications to be notified if a product from their Wishlist goes on deal.
- Shop with Alexa: Add to your shopping list, ask for product recommendations, and track your delivery, all by asking Alexa. Plus, to shop deals just say, “Alexa, what are my deals?”
Notes to Editor
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In Australia, that includes Free delivery on millions of local and international items; Prime Video, which gives you access to exclusive and award-winning Prime Original series and other popular movies and TV shows; Amazon Music Prime, which gives you access to 2 million songs, thousands of stations and top playlists; Prime Reading, which gives you access to a selection of over 1,000 e-books; video game benefits with Prime Gaming; exclusive Prime member deals; access to Prime Day and more. New customers in Australia can join Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then pay AU$6.99 a month and cancel anytime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Prime Day
Prime Day offers are subject to availability and are subject to change.
*Audible Terms: This promotion is valid from 08:01 AEST 21 June 2022 to 11:59PM AEST 28 July 2022, for new members of Audible in Australia or New Zealand who sign up for an Audible membership at https://www.amazon.com.au/hz/audible/mlp/membership/premiumplus/monthly/paid. With your membership, you’ll get one credit per month for $0.99 in your first month and $0.00/month in the second and third month. After the first 3 months, your membership will renew automatically at the regular monthly price, currently $16.45. Cancel anytime. For this offer to apply, you must sign up for your Audible membership
If you violate any of the terms or conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the offer will not apply. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time. If your credit card is declined, the offer will not apply. Terms prohibited by law shall be void without prejudice to the remaining terms.